Checkin.com in liquidation;
A very quick news flash, and there will be a lot more to unfold in this story, and of course I will have some strong opinion.
But it appears checkin.com has just gone into liquidation! What does this mean. Well most likely the following, ill bullet point for now, and elaborate later.
- bookings made via checkin.com will most likely not be honoured (and why should they, the supplier is not at fault)
- Customers of checkin.com will most likely LOOSE their money
- Hotels may offer discounts etc. to assist, but remember, its NOT their fault so why should they be out of pocket. Tourism is already decimated!
The short moral here.
- DONT book with online portals (CAVEAT EMPTOR if you do) Save a buck, loose the lot!!!
- Use Travel Agents (you are protected by the TGF)
- Use booking agents who ONLY take deposit/ commission NOT accommodation amounts.
- DO NOT use independent unlicensed private owner units (you will have absolutely NO protection at all)
- and finally They will NOT be the last to fall!
Short and sweet, and there will be a lot more to come out. But just a quick summary for now.